GASTÓN CASTAÑO MAIBC ARCHITECT
GASTÓN CASTAÑO ARCHITECT AIBC MRAIC LEED AP
Mr. Gastón Castaño, EDGE’s founder and specification consultant, is an architect registered in the Province of British Columbia, Canada and a LEED™ Accredited Professional. Since 1997, Gaston has taken on different roles within the A/E/C sector, including architectural drafter, job captain, construction field services, in-house specifications writer, construction contract administrator, progress claim payment certifier and project manager. This experience has given him the tools to understand design and construction as a continuum of discussions, agreements and decisions.
Mr. Castaño has a track record of successful collaborative design excellence. He has been involved with several building types, including: restaurants and commercial retail units; multi-family residential buildings,; high-end condos and townhouses; winter sport and recreation centres; educational and academic training facilities; medical offices and health care facilities; airport terminals and ramp services; research and development laboratories; and corporate office headquarters.
- Master of Architecture, McGill University, Montreal
- Bachelor of Architecture, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Diploma in Building Sciences, Buenos Aires National Technical High School, Argentina
- Member, Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC)
- Member, Architecture Canada | Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC)
- LEED Accredited Professional, Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC)
- Member, Construction Specifications Canada (CSC)
- Member, BC Building Envelope Council (BC BEC)
- Former Member, AIBC Contracts Committee and Intern Architect Committee
Gastón Castaño’s photograph by Mo Parker, 2011.